Wireless access at Yale
Configuring your laptop to work with Yale Guest Wireless
You can connect to the Yale Guest Wireless Network as you would any other wireless network; there are no passwords or user ids. The SSID for the network is “YaleGuest”
Be aware that every time you connect to YaleGuest and start your browser you will be prompted to agree to Yale's terms and conditions of use.
- To connect to a wireless network your computer must have wireless capability, and that wireless function must be turned on.
- If you have received an email invitation register for the Yale Network follow those instructions, and contact your conference organizer with any questions you may have.
- Click Start ( )
- Click Connect To
- Select YaleGuest (from the list of available wireless networks.
- If you do not see YaleGuest:
...and you do see a list of wireless networks—a YaleGuest signal may not be available in that location, try elsewhere.
...and you don't see a list of wireless networks—your wireless configuration may be handled by a third party manufacturer, in which case navigate to the Control Panel, select the program which handles your wireless connections and connect to the SSID YaleGuest
- Click Start
- Hover your mouse over Connect to and select Wireless Network Connection
- From the Wireless Network Connection screen click View Wireless Networks
- Select YaleGuest from the list of available wireless networks.
- If you do not see YaleGuest, refer to step #4 in the Vista directions above.
- Click on the Airport Symbol ( ) on the menu bar, ensure that the Airport is turned on, and select YaleGuest
- If you do not see the Airport symbol, you will have to add it to your menu bar by going to the Apple Menu and selecting System Preferences.
- In the Internet and Network section click Network.
- Select the Airport tab
- Set Location to automatic and set Show to Airport
- Select Show Airport Status in Menu Bar
- Return to step #1 and connect to the YaleGuest Network